Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Silent Night, Holy Night

Tonight is one of my favorite nights of the holiday season! I’ve made it a Christmas tradition to gather up some of my favorite runners and triathletes for what I call the “Holidazzle.” Of course I get excited about silly costumes, funny pictures, and quick stop at the bar. But really, I’m looking forward to tonight because it’s a chance to spend time with some of the people that have made this past year so great. I become a sentimental mush around the holidays and I get choked up thinking about all the wonderful people in my life, like my dear friend who ran a pace run with me at the crack this morning. You know who you are. Thank you to everyone who makes every training day so special. That is really why I do what I do.

I’ve been joking about making my friends sing “Silent Night” with me at Kerry Park on our run route. Last year, there were actually some crazy bystanders who requested carols to which we obliged. So if we don’t end up singing together tonight, I am getting my sentimental fix through the immortal genius of John Denver and the Muppets. When I was little, my parents had this record and we’d listen to it on Christmas Eve. Also check out the 12 days of Christmas rendition. So cute! If you aren’t touched by how adorable these guys are when they tell each other Merry Christmas at the end or “Stille nacht,” you have no soul, plus John Denver's glasses are awesome. I just love it.



Merry Christmas to all runners, triathletes, and friends out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment